Welcome to my world of cards. This is my journey of joy using mainly Cricut and Copics. You will see some different techniques from time to time and I hope you find some ideas that give you inspiration. Everything that I post is meant to be shared and if you wish to "scraplift", I'm happy to share. Have fun while you're are!
2019 Update: Follow me into a new world of weaving and various of types of fiber art. I will continue to make cards, my original love, but also branching out.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Birthday Card and and a tip

I have been using a lot of purple lately and loving the results. This digi is from Bugaboo Stamps, colored with copics. I punched a couple of balloons and cut the image with a Spellbinders die.

Now for the tip:

After 20+ years, I think I have finally found the best highlighting technique for me. I have bought and thrown away so many white gel pens - many different brands. I have tried paint pens as well, so I final just got feed up and grabbed a bottle of white acrylic paint - any brand will do, my stylus for the dots and either a paintbrush for even the stylus will work for the "comma" on the balloon. The paint I had on hand from another project, but you can buy it for a $1+- at Wal-mart or any craft store.
I have been using this technique for roughly 6 months and have had fewer frustrations than I had in years. It works for me, hopefully if will work for you.

TFL

Kelly

No comments: