The color from the first photo is more accurate. The walls are a mint green, although it doesn't seem so in the last two pictures.
This was a project that I worked on for approximately 2 months. This room had started out as our daughters room when we moved here 10 years ago, but she was only in it for a couple of years, then off to college and moved out to her own place over 5 years ago. After that, out son moved from his upstairs bedroom, to two rooms on the main level - one he used as a bedroom and the other as a TV/sitting room. They were decorated in darker, more masculine colors. They also had carpet and we have dogs.... need I say more?
Sooo, I decided I was ready to tackle 1 of the 2 rooms and what you see above is the end result. I removed the popcorn from the ceiling and repainted, painted the walls, and even replaced the floors, all by myself!!! I love Pinterest and found a tutorial on plywood flooring and that's what you see above. I took 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, just plain mid grade, then cut 8" planks and nailed down (by hand) each piece. I space with quarters between the planks so it would look like to the farmhouse floor. This was a new DIY for me, but I did it and will do it again. Using the plywood, the cost of the flooring was about $150 +-.
I must tell you the story of the furniture - The bed belonged to my maternal grandparents and they used it when they 1st married and the quilt on the bed was made by her when she was in her seventies. The other furniture was purchased for me when I was a child, so we'll say it's about 45+ years old. It needed to be updated, so I used Annie Sloan chalk paint and then a distressing wax and simply replaced the knobs. I loved how it turned out. The original bedroom set had a desk and a mirror as well. The mirror has been lost over the years, but I just wanted to use the 2 pieces for this room. I did purchase the nightstand at an antique store - it was in rough shape, but I only paid $15 so that was OK. I painted and then distressed by sanding the paint.
The picture hanging above the bed was also embroidered by my Granny - yes, she was a very talented lady! The frame was more of a royal blue, so I just pulled the lighter blue color from the quilt and a little bit of acrylic paint later and it matched perfectly.
I am really proud of the room, not just because I was able to do it myself, but because it holds so many memories. I walk in and can feel my grandparents with me. My Mom is in the process of finding pictures that I can use in frames. My grandparents home burned down when my Mom was a child, so she's looking through some of the pictures that had given back to her family over the years. I'm hoping for some black and white photos from when they were first married.