Welcome to my world of cards. This is my journey of joy using mainly Cricut and Copics. You will see some different techniques from time to time and I hope you find some ideas that give you inspiration. Everything that I post is meant to be shared and if you wish to "scraplift", I'm happy to share. Have fun while you're are!
2019 Update: Follow me into a new world of weaving and various of types of fiber art. I will continue to make cards, my original love, but also branching out.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

My week....

FINALLY, I'm getting my head above water! After 4 weeks of staying busy, but feeling like I've gotten nothing accomplished, this week, it all came together. I finished the diaper cake for my niece's baby shower that is on June 3rd. I have all the banner pieces completed (they spell his name, which is Sylar), wrapped the forks in the napkins, wrapped the gifts (mine and my daughter's) so what I actually lack for the shower is putting the banner on ribbon and cutting up fruit on Saturday and picking up the cupcakes and then everything travels to Ten Mile, TN (about an hour from here).  I have really enjoyed doing this and look forward to seeing everything put together next Sunday. Don't worry, I'll take plenty of pics and post a few.
My daughter is in the process of moving out of her apartment, so she is bringing everything home to store for the summer, so I'm been moving things around to make room to fit her bedroom suit, couches, etc. She will be traveling for the summer and while her Dad and I would rather her stay home and work, save money, but still have fun, we also realize that's she's 24 and has and paying for this trip on her on. As a Mom, I'll worry about her, but isn't that what we're supposed to do? As the kids get older, I now know, they'll always be my "babies" and I'll always worry about them.
We're going to my parents for a family reunion later today and it's going to be HOT!!!! Temp is supposed to be around 92, but since my Mom and Dad live on the lake, at least we can get in the water if it gets unbearable. I enjoy getting to see all my cousins, aunts and uncles and we always have a blast when we're together.
I hope you have a great Sunday and a super Memorial Day and our course, remember to honor our military.

No comments: