Welcome to my world of cards. This is my journey of joy using mainly Cricut and Copics. You will see some different techniques from time to time and I hope you find some ideas that give you inspiration. Everything that I post is meant to be shared and if you wish to "scraplift", I'm happy to share. Have fun while you're are!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Baby Shower (pic heavy)

As promised, I wanted to share the projects from the baby shower my daughter and I hosted for my niece. Above is the diaper cake - it looked so much prettier in person. I was really happy with how it turned out and then when I actually set it on the table, it looked a little plain. It was easy to make, so if you need to make one, try your hand at it. Just make sure you have LOTS of rubber bands.
The banner I made is from Pretty Pennants (Cricut), Mickey Font for letters and Nursery Tales for the paper and the animals. It's a little hard to see above, so I took pictures of each one and you'll be able to see them below.
As you can see, I used ribbon, bakers twine and buttons for embellishments.

We had a great time, she got lots of great gifts - things that weren't around 20-25 years ago. It was a good thing that we had set the baby shower for 6-3; she wasn't due until 6-25, but went into labor on Tuesday 6-5 and gave birth to her sweet son that evening, talk about cutting it close!
I have one more pic that I just have to share of my niece with her Mom - just to cute not to post.

Thanks for looking and come by again soon!

Kelly

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful diaper cake and banner. I am sure your niece appreciated the creative gifts.

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

I love your fantastic projects--- and that is a GREAT picture of your niece and her mom. All smiles and so happy!

Best wishes to mom and baby!