Welcome to my world of cards. This is my journey of joy using mainly Cricut and Copics. You will see some different techniques from time to time and I hope you find some ideas that give you inspiration. Everything that I post is meant to be shared and if you wish to "scraplift", I'm happy to share. Have fun while you're are!
2019 Update: Follow me into a new world of weaving and various of types of fiber art. I will continue to make cards, my original love, but also branching out.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Monday




It's the start of a new week and hopefully a creative for you and me both! I've been a little slow with the "mojo" lately. It's hard to blame on the heat, since I stay indoors to craft. But it has been so hot for East Tennessee these past few weeks, it just makes me want to be lazy. I had sheet rock work last week for 3 days and that seemed to get me off schedule as well. They were repairing the hole that the TVA inspector left in the ceiling. I expect the sheet rock crew back tomorrow to finish up and while they've been great, it's still tough to get anything done when you have "extra people" in the house.
So on to days cards: both are anniversary cards....
the first card is a beautiful black and red with the couple from Cricut's Sweethearts. I matted on some simple black and white check, but it still needed more, so I just added some ribbon and red pearls.
The second card is done in browns and pinks and used a look of ink to give it more of a vintage look. The heart is cut from George and the stamp is from TPC Studio and the button came from a jar of buttons that I bought at an antique store some time back. I'm always on the look for buttons when I'm antiquing.
Thanks for stopping by and looking.

No comments: