Welcome to my world of cards. This is my journey of joy using mainly Cricut and Copics. You will see some different techniques from time to time and I hope you find some ideas that give you inspiration. Everything that I post is meant to be shared and if you wish to "scraplift", I'm happy to share. Have fun while you're are!
2019 Update: Follow me into a new world of weaving and various of types of fiber art. I will continue to make cards, my original love, but also branching out.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Beautiful Abingdon, VA

My Mom treated me to a 3 day trip to beautiful historic Abingdon, VA. We left Wednesday morning and got home yesterday afternoon. We hit all the antiques shops in Abingdon on Wednesday - we both loved it, but loved being together just as much. Went to Bristol, VA and Bristol, TN on Thursday and hit their antique shops. Now, if you haven't been to Bristol - it quite a treat to shop downtown and one side of the street be in TN and the other side be in VA. But, back to Abingdon- it is the most beautiful town, the sidewalks are paved with bricks with beautiful old houses and sooooo clean! We visited the old mill and drove through lots of residential areas to look at the homes and they are so well cared for. On Thursday evening, we went to the Barter Theater and saw "Hank and My Honky Tonk Hero's". It was a GREAT play - mainly singing the old Hank songs, but also the story of his short life, the people who inspired him and whom he inspired. If you like country music I would highly recommend seeing it. On our way out yesterday, we stopped at the Arts Depot and walked through. I have thought about learning to weave, so we talked with one of the weavers and who knows - you might see some weaving on my blog in the future. I was tired when I got home, but what a super time we had, just enjoying each other and all the activities we both love.
On a different note, the storm came through Knoxville Wednesday night and did some damage, not like what Alabama saw, but the hail (some baseball size) broke a lot of trees, glass out of cars, damages to houses, etc. We had 3 trees along our driveway and in our yard destroyed. One OLD large tree was actually lifted up by the roots and destroyed. Our pool has so many leaves, branches and such, it will take several days for clean-up, but we are so lucky that no major damage was done. I'm praying for (as I'm sure that everyone is) for the families that lost lives in the 6 states that saw these terrible storms and tornadoes.

No comments: