Welcome to my world of cards. This is my journey of joy using mainly Cricut and Copics. You will see some different techniques from time to time and I hope you find some ideas that give you inspiration. Everything that I post is meant to be shared and if you wish to "scraplift", I'm happy to share. Have fun while you're are!
2019 Update: Follow me into a new world of weaving and various of types of fiber art. I will continue to make cards, my original love, but also branching out.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just a Note

This note is hard for me to write, but it comes from the heart. I have suffered from severe depression for over ten years. As you've probably seen Public Service Announcements, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but for most of us, it is a disease that we are ashamed of and choose not to share with the public, because we feel that people will view us differently. Some days, it's hard to get motivated to work around the house, or motivated to do something creative. Holidays are worse, so I haven't been posting as usual and work hard everyday to make it a better day. I read My Upper Room everyday and with the help of family and friends and God, I struggle through this disease. You may ask my reason for sharing this - it's because it's nothing to be ashamed of and if you need help or know someone who needs help, please reach out to them for they need your help and encouragement to see that each day can be bright. With Christmas being here, please remember all your friends and family that have various aliments and be there for them, I know we're all busy, but sometimes, just a quick e-mail or phone call can make their day.

With love,

Kelly

1 comment:

sucor said...

Thank you for sharing this! I struggle with severe depression too. I hope many people see it and reach out to others and offer encouragement and understanding. Merry Christmas to you and yours!