Welcome to my world of cards. This is my journey of joy using mainly Cricut and Copics. You will see some different techniques from time to time and I hope you find some ideas that give you inspiration. Everything that I post is meant to be shared and if you wish to "scraplift", I'm happy to share. Have fun while you're are!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Personal Note

Sorry I've been so hit and miss on posting lately, but I decided to redo our son's room. Since he moved out, it was time for a makeover. He had the original master bedroom before our house was added on to, so it is the largest bedroom, other than mine and has a bath attached. I decided I wanted the plaster look, so after much research, and talking with a friend that is a professional faux painter, I went with drywall mud, paint and then glaze. Let me tell you, this is no easy job! But, I learned a lot and love the results. I have been working on it for about 3 weeks now as well as filling in at the Xpress Lube (about 1 1/2 weeks) while our manager has been on vacation. So... I finished last night with everything except for hanging some pics on wall, that can wait until I decide what would look best. BTW, I had let he and our daughter pick their own paint colors when we moved in about 5 years ago and he picked Carribean Blue and she picked Lime green. Covering Carribean Blue is no easy task! I went with just a beige, so it required a little more work. Next project - my daughters room, since she has been moved out for about 3 years, but that will have to wait a till I recover from this one!

No comments: